LODGES AND GUILD CENTRES

17-7-18-3333.jpg

The first Guild lodge at St. Clement's was built close to Fye Bridge, the river crossing of the major historic North-South axis of the city (King St / Magdalen St). The church is thought to be Saxon in origin, the existing chancel dates from 1350 with the nave and tower dating from 1450.

The Trinity Guildhall, Kings Lynn is the centre of our most important ceremony, The Call to the Guild. This ceremony is held in the beautiful Stone Hall of the Guildhall built in 1421 on the date of the festival of Corpus Christi each year.

-